Anyone want to visit a Japanese hostess bar in Ho Chi Minh?

Hi Alvin,

I have never tried a Japanese (Little Japan) hostess bar in HCMC Saigon. I will be in-country 1st week of September and back again in October.

I have no problems paying whatever their rate is there in the Le Thanh Ton area, and you can choose the bar. Please feel free to PM me if our schedules coincide.

all the girls there are vietnamese. some are wearing kimono to give you the japan feeling. i cant say is a good place but is worth trying out. the damage for there is not cheap unless you dont mind about the money.

if you are a type of calculative person, this is not a place for you.
if you are a type of not calculative on spending money for entertainment, you must try this place

As i know many peoples are too calculative when come to entertainment, which always lead to no happy ending.

Got a friend who ended up with a 21 mil bill for his group. They had shots and stuff, but still...if you do go, watch the bill and make sure you know the prices. If you're a big spender, I recommend going to places with an upstairs. Then you can actually sit with the girls instead of just talking to them behind the counter. But upstairs areas are for the big spenders.

Got a friend who ended up with a 21 mil bill for his group. They had shots and stuff, but still...if you do go, watch the bill and make sure you know the prices. If you're a big spender, I recommend going to places with an upstairs. Then you can actually sit with the girls instead of just talking to them behind the counter. But upstairs areas are for the big spenders.
That's a $900+ USD bill. Pretty sure they got rung up extravagantly due to the shots. Better just to buy a bottle if you're going to take shots or take only one or two.

I am always leery when Vietnamese joints ring the bill up almost a thousand, but not quite. Just like ringing someone almost a hundred, but not quite, just ninety-something. I rarely ever get drunk when pursuing tail simply for this reason as well as for my safety.

And i always ask the hard business questions, before i go in and do/drink anything.

21 millions holly crap ! Hope they were a group of 10 people at least.
Anyway hostess bars in little tokyo are known for beeing a rip off place, targetting mainly the japanese customers who are paid by their company for their entertainment.

Not even 10 person, even if you go alone or 2 pers you can have crazy bill like this. The bell system is a scam.

Basically the girl dare you to ring the bell. If you do that mean you pay a shot overprice to everybody staff and in vn they are easy 20 staff blabla so boom the bill skyrock. They fake drink they just serve but how to check 20 lads drink their shot?

Avoid bar with ring bell is the best and safest. Have a nice ktv place for 150-200 usd per person you are a king for a night. (check my link)

Check my post and pm me for more infos.

Queen KTV in District 1, Ho Chi Minh

The KEY to going to places like these and being dealt with straight, directly, and fairly is to have a Vietnamese-speaking person in your group. Or multiple Vietnamese-speaking drinking buddies.

The times i have gone to KTVs or hostess salons in the States and in Vietnam, i always make sure the owner/manager knows my limitatons and expectations. The Japanese businessmen often drink their asses off to the point of overintoxication, and don't really care about the bill amount.

You see this in Japan and even in the States, where they throw around thousands of dollars a night in strip clubs. You see this with newly-minted multi-millionaires in the SF Bay Area as well.

I have never had issues where i negotiated or made clear the costs with the manager at the onset before even ordering a drink or "nhau" menu item.

I believe misunderstandings occur when there is a language barrier and guys try to impress the females too much and the drinking gets out of hand.

We have these types of places (albeit underground) in what has become one of the most expensive places in the world, and the folks that get ripped off are the ones who get too drunk and/or order too many bottles/shots.

Whenever i drink beers, i always tell them to tally up the empty bottles in the box right under our table. And i tell the manager in Vietnamese that i require this at our table, before anything is ever ordered.

There are plenty of other ways to bed prettier women for far less, of course.

Last edited: