Bringing a girl to your Airbnb in Hanoi

It's getting hard to book some of the good hotels that is easy to bring a girl to stay overnight.

Does anyone had experience booking a girl friendly Airbnb place in Hanoi?

Southeast Asia
Yes, when I go to Hanoi, I always book my own private place from Airbnb to bring girls back to.

I try to find a place around the Old Quarter area in Hanoi, easy to meet girls at the walking street going around the lake, and bring them back to my place if I feel comfortable.

It's much easier than dealing with the hotels. As always, exercise safeguards and precautions. The only problem with most Airbnb places is they don't have safes to lock your valuables, so I usually try to have my computer, passport, extra money, etc. hidden somewhere out of sight.

You can do hotels in Hanoi, but it's too much of a hassle dealing with front desk security every time. It's much easier to find a private apartment on Airbnb and then you can come and go as much as you'd like, and nobody bothers you.

I am on the safe side - I already book a cheap place to stay in Hanoi that is far from tourist area to keep valuables (Like security deposit fee - I think it's worth it). I will set up a simple network monitoring system just in case things went wrong and I will have record of what happened.
I am just looking for a place that I can have a girl to stay overnight.

Hey @Logan, I'm new to the forum. Thanks for all ur tips and news. I'm currently at Hanoi, and I'm looking for a quiet place, where I can go in and out when I want. to be able to bring back girls without being disturbed :) when you say "I book my own private place" you mean rent an apartment or house? I have never user Airbnb before, and I don't know very well how its works. Thanks for your help.

Southeast Asia
Hey @Logan, I'm new to the forum. Thanks for all ur tips and news. I'm currently at Hanoi, and I'm looking for a quiet place, where I can go in and out when I want. to be able to bring back girls without being disturbed :) when you say "I book my own private place" you mean rent an apartment or house? I have never user Airbnb before, and I don't know very well how its works. Thanks for your help.
Airbnb is where people list their homes, or rooms inside their homes, for people to rent. You can use their website, or you can also download their app for your iPhone or Android phone. Specific to the question you're asking, and the comment I made above, I prefer to choose an "Entire Place" when looking for a place to stay in Hanoi. You can see screenshot below:

hanoi-vietnam-airbnb.jpg

I try to find a private apartment, that I have all to myself, somewhere nearby Hoan Kiem Lake. This is a popular area in Hanoi, and an easy place to meet local girls. Meet them at the lake, which is safe and free and easy, and make sure you feel comfortable with them before taking them back to your room.

And before you bring them back to your room, make sure all your valuables are out of sight and safeguarded. The only downside with Airbnb, when staying at people's homes, is private apartments usually do not have safes in the room. Hotels usually have safes in the room, and the front desk asks for the girl's ID card, so you have more security when bringing girls back to your rooms. You will have to take more precautions with your own private apartment, but I still prefer so you can easily come and go as you please, at any time of day or night.

Let us know how it goes, and if you have anymore questions about anything. Cheers!

Airbnb is where people list their homes, or rooms inside their homes, for people to rent. You can use their website, or you can also download their app for your iPhone or Android phone. Specific to the question you're asking, and the comment I made above, I prefer to choose an "Entire Place" when looking for a place to stay in Hanoi. You can see screenshot below:

View attachment 435

I try to find a private apartment, that I have all to myself, somewhere nearby Hoan Kiem Lake. This is a popular area in Hanoi, and an easy place to meet local girls. Meet them at the lake, which is safe and free and easy, and make sure you feel comfortable with them before taking them back to your room.

And before you bring them back to your room, make sure all your valuables are out of sight and safeguarded. The only downside with Airbnb, when staying at people's homes, is private apartments usually do not have safes in the room. Hotels usually have safes in the room, and the front desk asks for the girl's ID card, so you have more security when bringing girls back to your rooms. You will have to take more precautions with your own private apartment, but I still prefer so you can easily come and go as you please, at any time of day or night.

Let us know how it goes, and if you have anymore questions about anything. Cheers!
Hey man, thanks for your reply!

I started to check some apartments for a staying in Hanoi (3/4days), but in most of them, the information says there is a concierge, guard, or receptionist at the entrance of the building. Or some say their friend lives in the apartment next door and can help with any problems. I'm afraid to be watched during entrances and exits, and if I bring a girl back for a night, it will cause problems. And most hosts don't allow guests who are not registered :(

What would you advise me to do? Thanks for your help ;)

Dominican Republic
I started to check some apartments for a staying in Hanoi (3/4days), but in most of them, the information says there is a concierge, guard, or receptionist at the entrance of the building. Or some say their friend lives in the apartment next door and can help with any problems. I'm afraid to be watched during entrances and exits, and if I bring a girl back for a night, it will cause problems. And most hosts don't allow guests who are not registered :(
Remember, you have a personal life, and if someone ask you, you can say they are your girlfriend, and no one is supposed to ask you anymore questions.

I read online there are guest friendly hotels in Hanoi...

Are the following hotels girl friendly in Hanoi?
  • Silk Path Hotel
  • Essence Hanoi
  • Bamboo Hotel
Can anyone confirm?

Southeast Asia
I started to check some apartments for a staying in Hanoi (3/4days), but in most of them, the information says there is a concierge, guard, or receptionist at the entrance of the building. Or some say their friend lives in the apartment next door and can help with any problems. I'm afraid to be watched during entrances and exits, and if I bring a girl back for a night, it will cause problems. And most hosts don't allow guests who are not registered. What would you advise me to do?
When you're staying at someone's private apartment, they may have a friend living nearby or a security guard watching the entrance, but I would not have any worries. You are renting a private room, and you're allowed to come and go freely. You might have some more resistance at hotels who list their rooms on Airbnb, but I usually avoid those and only stay at people's private apartment, or find an apartment building (same thing as what we call condominiums in the West), and you'll be fine.

When you checkin to the apartment, the Airbnb host will take a photo of your passport, give you instructions on how to come and go, and to contact them if you have any questions or need anything. I always encourage reading the host's reviews on Airbnb, as these are similar to eBay, allowing people to provide positive/negative feedback about a place. And you can always contact the host directly, when you're inquiring about availability of dates, to get the exact address of their place, to look it up on Google Maps beforehand to know what you're getting yourself into.

The reason I did not recommend Booking.com is because this usually focuses more on hotels. You can also use this, if you prefer, but make sure you choose 2 Guest when creating your reservation, and then the hotel cannot give you any hassle. The price is/should be the exact same as one guest. But for the reasons I mentioned in previous posts, I prefer a private room on Airbnb to come and go without prying eyes.

And remember this... Airbnb hosts want to make sure you have a good experience. Because the feedback rating you will leave for them, after you checkout, is very critical for their continued success on Airbnb. I cannot stress this enough. Usually, the reason they want you to list other guests who are staying with you, has to do with the attached cleaning fee (per person) that gets added to the listing when you make your payment. I would not say anything to them about have any guests with you, just be nice and polite, and be respectful of the property and premises, and you will be fine.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any questions about anything. :cool:

Southeast Asia
VietJet Airport Shuttle Bus / Hanoi Airport to Old Quarter, Hanoi
Many Airbnb hosts, and hotels for that matter, will offer to arrange a shuttle to pick you up from the Hanoi airport and bring you directly. I would recommend declining this service. The cheapest way to get from Hanoi airport to Old Quarters is 40,000 VND using the VietJet Airport Shuttle Bus. It's super easy and quick, and they can drop you off within 5 minutes walking to Old Quarters. And when you're ready to back to the airport, take a Grab Taxi to their pickup point in Hanoi, and it's 40,000 VND to get back to the airport. Much cheaper than the 300,000-400,000 VND most places will charge you, including Grab Taxi at the airport. This is because you're looking at 45-60 minutes of transit time between the airport and the Hanoi city center.

I only stay at Airbnb when I travel around Vietnam for the same reason mentioned by Logan in that you have the freedom to come and go as you please and you don't have to worry about a curfew or bringing guests back. In saying that be careful when booking from Airbnb that you're not booking a private room in a hotel or complex which would be subjected to curfews rules and guests restrictions. I tend to book entire apartment/townhouse and have never had issues with bringing guests back. They only require my passport that's it.

Forgot to mention if you're bring a girl back for a sleepover I would keep all your possession locked in your suitcase and out of view. I have a portable travel safe to put all my valuables in. Can never be too careful.

Southeast Asia
I read online there are guest friendly hotels in Hanoi...
I have read and heard about multiple people's experiences with trying to find guest friendly hotels in Vietnam, and I will share with you my experience because I have never had any problems in Ho Chi Minh, Hanoi, Nha Trang, Da Lat, Vung Tau, etc. This has always been a nonissue for me. Here's what I do...

When booking a hotel in Vietnam, I always use Booking.com and I try to find a place that has good reviews, looks clean, and has 100% free cancellation policy (in case my plans change beforehand). Once I find a place that looks good, I always choose 2 Guests when making the reservation. This takes care of everything... this lets the hotel know that up to 2 people are staying in the hotel room for the night, and if breakfast is included, you will have 2 breakfasts as part of your morning wakeup.

When I arrive at the hotel, I show my passport and check in. Another benefit about Booking.com is usually you do not make payment for your hotel visit until after you checkout. Booking.com will use a credit card number to hold your reservation, but there are no holds/charges before you checkin.

I never allow the hotel to keep my passport. Never. If the hotel wants to keep my passport, and most will try, I tell them to take a photo. And every time, they take a photo or enter the passport into their computer and return to me.

When you tell the hotel 2 guests, and you arrive alone, they sometimes don't know where the other person is. Less than 30% of the time, they will ask where is the other guest, and I say they haven't arrived yet and it's a nonissue. You get your keys and you're free to come and go.

When I meet a girl and want to bring her back to my room, I just act as if she is with me and it's never an issue. Maybe 50% of the time, when you arrive with your girl, if the front desk person is the same person that checked you in, they might ask about the guest. If the girl is Vietnamese, they will ask for their ID card and are required to hold it at their desk. If the girl is from another country, they will treat her the same as your passport, asking to keep her passport at the front desk. When the girl is leaving, remember to tell the front desk to return her ID card. Most hotels will ask/confirm with you before returning the ID card to the girl.

I don't know how the laws are exactly written in Vietnam, but the way that its been explained to me is... Vietnamese hotels are required to register all guests in the event the local police audit/check the hotel for guests. In the smaller cities, i.e. Vung Tau, the local hotels are more concerned about this. They seem less concerned in the bigger cities, i.e. HCM and Hanoi, and it's just another name/number going through their system. From what I understand, the local Vietnamese girls are not allowed to stay in the hotels, but there's nothing stopping you wanting to spend time with your Vietnamese girlfriend at one of these hotels. When the hotels say prostitutes are not allowed in your hotel room, this is because they need to show they are following the law, which technically says prostitution is illegal in Vietnam.

Another tip, when looking at the photos of the hotel, try to look at the lobby, and the placement of the reception desk and the elevator. Do you have to walk by the reception desk every time you come and go? At small hotels in Bien Hoa, Dong Nai, Can Tho, and Da Lat, I could ride my moto into the garage, and take the elevator directly up to my room, bypassing the hotel reception desk. It was never an issue.

Another point of reference is the many Line and WeChat freelancer girls in Vietnam. 90% of these girls ask for a photo of the hotel business card you are staying at because they know they can just show up, arrive at the lobby, and you can come down and get them. It's never an issue.

I have never had any problems staying at any hotel in many cities around Vietnam. No exaggeration. I always act nice, professional, and try to be anonymous when checking in, so I can come and go freely. And remember, the hotels need the business, and they want you to leave good reviews for them.

Southeast Asia
Forgot to mention if you're bring a girl back for a sleepover I would keep all your possession locked in your suitcase and out of view. I have a portable travel safe to put all my valuables in. Can never be too careful.
This is very important. The benefit about hotels is most of them have a safe inside the room. This makes it very easy to lock your passport, cash, credit cards, electronics, etc. And if you need to access the safe, I recommend only opening it when your girl is in the bathroom. When my girl is taking a shower for the evening, I will take my immediate cash in my pants pocket and add it to the safe, and take it out the next morning when the girl is using the bathroom.

I still prefer Airbnb over hotels. And the only downside to renting someone's private apartment/condo on Airbnb is there is usually never a safe inside the room. Before bringing anyone over, I recommend going through the room and finding a place you can hide your valuable belongings. There have been a few times where there just wasn't any place to hide my larger items (laptop, camera, etc.) and instead, I put everything inside my bag to keep it out of sight, and I put a lock on my zippers so the bag cannot be accessed.

There is no need to be paranoid, but it's important to find ways to make sure your possessions are protected. And try and meet your girl outside for some small talk conversation before agreeing to bring her back up to your room. While not completely fool proof, it will help ease your concerns and any anxiety about bringing someone new into your room. And most importantly, if at any time you don't feel comfortable, then abandon the girl and move on. There are too many more girls ready and waiting to spend time with you, and you can easily replace them with another girl.

I finally rented an apartment, and it seems to be owned by an agency. The man who checked me in said I can go out and enter when I want, but I spotted a camera in lobby at the ground floor. I guess if its a good idea to bring someone back, because now I cannot lie about that :(

I finally rented an apartment, and it seems to be owned by an agency. The man who checked me in said I can go out and enter when I want, but I spotted a camera in lobby at the ground floor. I guess if its a good idea to bring someone back, because now I cannot lie about that :(
Who gives a shit about their lobby camera. You paid, and you are a playboy chic magnet when it comes to women. That is all you need to say, or better, nothing at all.

I stayed in a hotel near Hoa Kiem last year and had no problem to oinvite a guest. A placard in the hotel lobby warned that guests were not allowed after 10 pm. I found a girl in WeChat and only a couple of Young guys stayed at the reception to open the door to customers coming back later. Managers were not in the premises, so young guys had no objection.

Generally speaking, I never had any problem with hotels to invite a guest in whatever place I stayed, even in the north of the country. In Cat Ba (Halong bay), the manageress of my hotel just asked me to ask guests to leave an ID at the reception. BTW, the town was almost empty, so I had no guest.

Just some update for anyone looking for airbnb in Hanoi - try look for one that is outside the main tourist area, you will find lots great, quiet and safe airbnb location. You should only book for airbnb that mark as "entire place" because those are the one that you are free to bring girl in without issue.