Coronavirus

There are quite a lot of flight cancellation as well. My trip to Bangkok was cut short as they cancelled the morning flight and I have to fly back to hcmc the night before instead. Flights from hcmc to Singapore also reduced from 3 flights to 1 flight a day. Iā€™m flying Vietnam Airlines. Good thing I have travel insurance.

spoke to my daughter this morning , she is in Ningbo in China, been in condo for 3 weeks now only allowed out every 3 days. she has been informed that the chinese government think this could go on until april/ may. the schools are not going back till earliest first week in april. and all VPN,S are not working. she is teaching her children thru video link. and everyone is frightened.

The CoronaVirus has shut down many businesses and slowed tourism to a near grinding halt. It's just not as fun during these times to travel, especially with South Korea and now Japan becoming an increasing Corona problem.

Iran and Italy have both become significant infected countries. People everywhere are not desirous to congregate in crowds and groups. Everyone is wearing a mask and leery of any stranger who they are suspicious of contracting something from.

Heightened Fear = Heightened Alert.

Toronto canada
There are quite a lot of flight cancellation as well. My trip to Bangkok was cut short as they cancelled the morning flight and I have to fly back to hcmc the night before instead. Flights from hcmc to Singapore also reduced from 3 flights to 1 flight a day. Iā€™m flying Vietnam Airlines. Good thing I have travel insurance.
I don't think travel insurance is valid due to corona.

JUST BEEN ANOUNCED ON THE BBC. People travelling from thailand , mynmar, cambodia and VIETNAM , have got to contact local health authorities on return to G.B. and self isolate.

A bar in Da Nang refused to serve me because of the virus, i am from Europe, look like european.. maybe they thought i am from Italy, but they didnt ask. Damn

Toronto canada
can u name the bar?
I went bana hills park yesterday, the attendant putting people on the cable car asked which country I was from.

Last edited:
Just saw a news report that vietnam are restricting travel from all coronavirus hit countries. So i guess you will see much less of Japanese and Korean in these places.

Cant seem to find the list of countries that are ban. So far I know is South Korea, Japan, Iran and Italy.

At least for now they don't ban travelers from Singapore. I can still visit Vietnam :)