Coronavirus

I was talking about the situation in HCMC vietnam. But on the world scale yeah it the beginning easy 2-3 months like you say.

And now they close massage/bar etc for every district too not only D1.
Sorry my bad. Too many people seem to think this will be under control in a few weeks so jumped the gun a little with my reply.

This shit is bonkers. A lot of places are now closed. Phung Thuy had their doors closed and a massive sign saying they'll re-open at the end of the month. Dubai had their gates completely closed. Dai Nam seemed like it had some f$ckery going on where I saw people coming and going, but I was told it was closed. Probably the ole "you're not a Vietnamese so we closed!"

Vietnam's total numbers are curiously low compared to other countries the same size or amount of flow to/from infected places like China, Europe and the US. As I write this, the total is 148, with zero deaths and 17 recovered.

Finally this past weekend, restaurants and cafes and shops were ordered closed. Two weeks prior they had ordered bars, nghtclubs, karaokes, massage places to close.

Not all of those did though. Famously by now, Buddha Bar in district 2 remained open for St Patrick's Day party, when the place supposedly was packed, and one guy there tested positive , and now there's an outbreak among pepole who were there or who came into contact with some who were there. Pretty much everyone is furious at the bar now for remaining open when there was a shutdown announced. They claimed that they are a restaurant. Right.

Anyway, thanks to this incident, now there's a bit of backlash against white foreigners here.

Meanwhile, there's plenty of places defying the shutdown rules. I don't get why only the naughtier types of places were ordered closed 2 weeks ago but restaurants etc were not. If the risk is contact with other people, it's as likely to happen when you go eat as when you go drink alcohol. Thought of that way, if restaurants had been ordered closed at that time, the Buddha Bar outbreak would not have happened. And there's still plenty of places defying the rules, remaining open, and one can presume that this is something they had to pay a bit of extra to be allowed to do. If you know what I mean.

And how about social distancing? If you are here, just look around. It seems like there's no awareness of this issue at all here.

As for our hobby, this is just a bad time to try to do it. Kynu girls see one customer after another all day. That's a perfect recipe for spreading a bug. Same for karaokes, massage places, or almost any kind of venue where you can get action.

So stay home guys, and when you feel the urge, maybe have a look at this javqq.com ;-)

Vietnam's total numbers are curiously low compared to other countries the same size or amount of flow to/from infected places like China, Europe and the US. As I write this, the total is 148, with zero deaths and 17 recovered.

Finally this past weekend, restaurants and cafes and shops were ordered closed. Two weeks prior they had ordered bars, nghtclubs, karaokes, massage places to close.

Not all of those did though. Famously by now, Buddha Bar in district 2 remained open for St Patrick's Day party, when the place supposedly was packed, and one guy there tested positive , and now there's an outbreak among pepole who were there or who came into contact with some who were there. Pretty much everyone is furious at the bar now for remaining open when there was a shutdown announced. They claimed that they are a restaurant. Right.

Anyway, thanks to this incident, now there's a bit of backlash against white foreigners here.

Meanwhile, there's plenty of places defying the shutdown rules. I don't get why only the naughtier types of places were ordered closed 2 weeks ago but restaurants etc were not. If the risk is contact with other people, it's as likely to happen when you go eat as when you go drink alcohol. Thought of that way, if restaurants had been ordered closed at that time, the Buddha Bar outbreak would not have happened. And there's still plenty of places defying the rules, remaining open, and one can presume that this is something they had to pay a bit of extra to be allowed to do. If you know what I mean.

And how about social distancing? If you are here, just look around. It seems like there's no awareness of this issue at all here.

As for our hobby, this is just a bad time to try to do it. Kynu girls see one customer after another all day. That's a perfect recipe for spreading a bug. Same for karaokes, massage places, or almost any kind of venue where you can get action.

So stay home guys, and when you feel the urge, maybe have a look at this javqq.com ;-)
I don't get why only the naughtier types of places were ordered closed 2 weeks ago but restaurants etc were not.
Because that's where all the white foreigners go and because you guys refused to wear face mask, when everyone else is :ROFLMAO: (it's like going around having sex without condom and posting it)

It's only a theory, but I believe I can explain why the number is so low...

1. Government has authority here - They also took the virus very serious since the beginning. (IMO, not strict enough).
For example, as soon as someone was sick within a building/school, the entire facility is forced to be quarantine...
Many western countries thought it was a joke, so no government entity force an entire apartment complex to be closed in the early days.

2. The locals are hella paranoid - if someone within that district is sick, the entire district was basically outcast. For example.. Even though I've never been to Buddha Bar... everyone at work look at me like a walking virus because I live in Q2... (same reason why the backlash)

3. People here wear face-mask on regular basis - I know the face mask doesn't prevent getting infected, but if everyone wear it, at least it can prevent from spreading to other. *I hate wearing it* (as of now, they even implemented fining people for not wearing)

4. It's hotter here - Corvid don't do well in the heat.

I don't get why only the naughtier types of places were ordered closed 2 weeks ago but restaurants etc were not.
Because that's where all the white foreigners go and because you guys refused to wear face mask, when everyone else is :ROFLMAO: (it's like going around having sex without condom and posting it)

It's only a theory, but I believe I can explain why the number is so low...

1. Government has authority here - They also took the virus very serious since the beginning. (IMO, not strict enough).
For example, as soon as someone was sick within a building/school, the entire facility is forced to be quarantine...
Many western countries thought it was a joke, so no government entity force an entire apartment complex to be closed in the early days.

2. The locals are hella paranoid - if someone within that district is sick, the entire district was basically outcast. For example.. Even though I've never been to Buddha Bar... everyone at work look at me like a walking virus because I live in Q2... (same reason why the backlash)

3. People here wear face-mask on regular basis - I know the face mask doesn't prevent getting infected, but if everyone wear it, at least it can prevent from spreading to other. *I hate wearing it* (as of now, they even implemented fining people for not wearing)

4. It's hotter here - Corvid don't do well in the heat.
I agree with all your point except the point 4 im not sure about it.

I would just add that vietnam have experience with sras in 2003. So they were more prepare and immediately take actions. Probably like europe for the next epidemic disease.

It well know that epidemic often happen every 7 to 10y now. After covid 19. It will have an other one later before 2030. Sometimes it is contain fast like 2003 and die fast or not like 2019 it spread and spread until hard action are done.

So I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that heat is going to save us here in southeast asia. Scientists are not agreeing on that insight just yet. Some think heat does help while there are real world places being affected by this that are hot. Some are saying it's humidity. But until there is more data and modeling done on this, we don't 100% know for sure. Don't lull yourself into a false sense of security. That's what Europe and the US did, look how they are doing right now. Spain converted an ice rink into a MORGUE. The US is saying BEST CASE 200,000 dead there over this.

I do tend to agree that one thing that makes Vietnam better than other areas is their experience with SARS as Exzer mentioned. Vietnam has been a lot faster to jump on this than many other countries. It's kind of frustrating to watch the PM mention what we should be doing while watching a whole lot of Vietnamese straight up ignore doing those things. Even the order that went out today doesn't seem like it's being taken seriously at all from what I'm hearing from locals.

I've read some suspicions from experts that most of southeast asia is not doing as well as it appears. Testing is relatively low. Hell Vietnam is doing stellar in regards to testing compared to other places and I believe testing is still under 40,000. There's a suspicion that testing is being kept low because of the health care systems here in this part of the world. It kind of makes sense. I would assume places like Indonesia and Myanmar, a place last I saw had done zero tests, are looking at how fucked the US is right now and figure, well if we don't test we don't have cases and therefore our hospitals won't be overrun in a few seconds. You can't have any cases if you don't go looking for them.

I think the best thing anyone can do is listen to the PM right now. Stay the fuck home unless you absolutely have to go out for the next two weeks. That's going to be the absolute most effective way in stopping the spread. Learn from the United State's mistake on this one. No one was told to stay home when cases were low, then cases started ballooning, now they're not necessarily staying home when told. I hear a lot of people there talking about how they're not going anywhere, yet cases continue to go up. They likely won't start to flatten their curve until late April according to some experts. The same is happening in Europe as well. Mayors there are going nuts trying to get people to stay inside.

Yes it sucks to be trapped indoors all the time, but that's how you flatten the curve. You can't catch the virus if you aren't outdoors. Exception may be made if you live in a building with central HVAC from what I've read about China. But other than that, if you're building doesn't have HVAC, then you should have a much higher rate of not catching anything staying at home.

Stay the fuck home. Seriously. Stay the fuck home.

Because that's where all the white foreigners go
The shutdown they first put in place was for bars, nightclubs, karaokes and massage places. I’m not sure why they’d target foreigners at that time (they shut down bars BEFORE the Buddha incident) when the biggest spreader by far up to that time was the completely Vietnamese rich daughter of the steel baron who got infected and came home. If the focus was on foreigners because they weren’t wearing masks, that would be an even dumber policy than I thought. But it’s good to know they’ve opened these thousands of massage places and karaokes all across the city just for us foreigners. Maybe some day the locals will make use of those. ;-)

The point — preventing the spread needs stopping contact between people. It’s not about stopping sex, drugs and alcohol. Restaurants get more people out than all those places combined, like a magnet drawing people out where they’ll inevitabky contact each other. You’re as likely to get it touching a doorknob as you are having sex. And you’re likely to touch many more doorknobs in an evening going out to eat than you would having your own doorknob pulled in a massage place.

If they had ordered restaurants closed that first time, Buddha wouldn’t have had any loophole to stay open. The district 2 outbreak would have been prevented by s smarter shutdown.