Friend in HCMC for good local plans/spot 2019

Hello bros,

For the people who dont know me yet, Im quite active on this forum. Im from France and now I am lucky enought to live in HCMC for 3 years already so I know now many good local plan after many trials and fails now I have my favorite regular spot that I can share.

I would like to thank Logan to create this forum to share good tips to enjoy Vietnam and make everything more transparent and help us to connect to enjoy Vietnam in all his flavors.

But it just a forum and it public so obviously you cannot share every good plans (here on the forum is just a small of the iceberg of the scene in HCMC).

To make it short, I helped many bros to experience KTV with normal price and not crazy price the story with BOSS KTV 1 USD for 1 night which is a total rip off!(https://singlemanforum.com/threads/boss-ktv-review.481)

For all the infos about KTV: you can check this post (Queen KTV in District 1, Ho Chi Minh)

And by that occasion I had the opportunity to meet many bros for lunch or simple coffee. I had a lot of good surprise. And I really enjoy every person I had the opportunity to meet cause ofc I help for many infos for free to these person (best spot to change money, best legit massage place or not, general advices, spot for fs and ktv etc) but I always learn more about their country and way of life which is always interesting.

Among all the bros I met already, I want to cheers particularly Whitedevil, Metro, Cooler Keith, Socal, Adam, Mikey, Johnwick, Chris, Luffy and Rob. I probably forgot some great bro too sorry about that :D. We got a lot fun and we did some crazy fun stuff haha. We keep in touch for next party the next you guys come by HCMC :D

I really enjoy all that small meetings so if you need a friend in HCMC for advices and recommandation. Im fluent in vietnamese now as well

Feel free to pm me and we can set up a time and a place to meet to share more infos. All I ask is a free coffee or a free meal (around 50K VND = 2,5 USD) to cover my meeting cause I know I will have a lot of request. And often what happen I got many request so I group the meeting. It was not rare to go eat or drink 3 pers cause I group 2 bros meetings. Like they say the more the merrier.

Usually I can meet 9AM to 4PM during week days cause Im part owner of a moto food tour business during the night. To make it short, my company provide a true local experience. For 39 USD, my team come pick you up at the hotel with a moto. Every bro have a private driver and we go 4 food stop. Banh xeo, banh mi, bo la lop, oc, che. It a combo all you can eat and free flow beer. If you want to eat more at one stop just ask my tour guide (Mr. Hong). And we explain you how to eat this kind of food and some anecdotes. The goal is to give you the experience like you know a vietnamese local person and they bring you to eat like a local for a true authentic exp. Cause Vietnam have many beauties to enjoy it also a beautiful country with incredible landscape and delicious cuisine. The tour is 4 hours then you pay 39 USD after service. We bring you back to your hotel with great memories. If you are interest about that. Pm me or post here and I will contact for more infos.

Have fun guys! Stay safe!

And see you soon :D

Hello bros,

For the people who dont know me yet, Im quite active on this forum. Im from France and now I am lucky enought to live in HCMC for 3 years already so I know now many good local plan after many trials and fails now I have my favorite regular spot that I can share.

I would like to thank Logan to create this forum to share good tips to enjoy Vietnam and make everything more transparent and help us to connect to enjoy Vietnam in all his flavors.

But it just a forum and it public so obviously you cannot share every good plans (here on the forum is just a small of the iceberg of the scene in HCMC).

To make it short, I helped many bros to experience KTV with normal price and not crazy price the story with BOSS KTV 1 USD for 1 night which is a total rip off!(https://singlemanforum.com/threads/boss-ktv-review.481)

For all the infos about KTV: you can check this post (Queen KTV in District 1, Ho Chi Minh)

And by that occasion I had the opportunity to meet many bros for lunch or simple coffee. I had a lot of good surprise. And I really enjoy every person I had the opportunity to meet cause ofc I help for many infos for free to these person (best spot to change money, best legit massage place or not, general advices, spot for fs and ktv etc) but I always learn more about their country and way of life which is always interesting.

Among all the bros I met already, I want to cheers particularly Whitedevil, Metro, Cooler Keith, Socal, Adam, Mikey, Johnwick, Chris, Luffy and Rob. I probably forgot some great bro too sorry about that :D. We got a lot fun and we did some crazy fun stuff haha. We keep in touch for next party the next you guys come by HCMC :D

I really enjoy all that small meetings so if you need a friend in HCMC for advices and recommandation. Im fluent in vietnamese now as well

Feel free to pm me and we can set up a time and a place to meet to share more infos. All I ask is a free coffee or a free meal (around 50K VND = 2,5 USD) to cover my meeting cause I know I will have a lot of request. And often what happen I got many request so I group the meeting. It was not rare to go eat or drink 3 pers cause I group 2 bros meetings. Like they say the more the merrier.

Usually I can meet 9AM to 4PM during week days cause Im part owner of a moto food tour business during the night. To make it short, my company provide a true local experience. For 39 USD, my team come pick you up at the hotel with a moto. Every bro have a private driver and we go 4 food stop. Banh xeo, banh mi, bo la lop, oc, che. It a combo all you can eat and free flow beer. If you want to eat more at one stop just ask my tour guide (Mr. Hong). And we explain you how to eat this kind of food and some anecdotes. The goal is to give you the experience like you know a vietnamese local person and they bring you to eat like a local for a true authentic exp. Cause Vietnam have many beauties to enjoy it also a beautiful country with incredible landscape and delicious cuisine. The tour is 4 hours then you pay 39 USD after service. We bring you back to your hotel with great memories. If you are interest about that. Pm me or post here and I will contact for more infos.

Hello Exzer,

I was a pleasure as well to meet you in person. Me and my friends meet you around 1 october and we had a great time during the meeting. I want to thx you all the infos you share (hotel, shop, massage with bj or not etc and the massage place with soapy massage ... and your help for ktv). All that infos were gold cause you recommend only place you go yourself and approved. You dont even need to ask to cover your coffee or lunch. It common sense to treat you after all the informations you provide to us. For all the person who come vn and dont have any contact in HCMC, I totally recommend to contact Exzer! He knows a lot about the city, even when we wanted buy some fake Nike Tshirt, he recommend a place where we buy them for only 3 USD the tshirt! In district 1, it was around 7 USD one ...
Without hesitation, I will recommend you some friends of mine who will come in vn in december for sure. See you next year 2020.

Exzer, it was awesome meeting you a few weeks ago! For anyone looking to meet a fucking champ, Exzer is your guy. He's got a lot more information than what he posts on here, and he is a stand-up dude.

Anyone complaining on this forum about buying a coffee for you is just being a douche. Dudes will drop hundreds of dollars on whores but they won't buy you lunch or a coffee? I guess some people expect you to take time out of your day and share all your information for nothing. You never asked me to buy you lunch, but I did. It's just common fucking courtesy.

Thanks for hanging out and showing me a good time! I will definitely be back to HCMC and we will do it again. I totally understand why you don't post everything you know, there are too many ungrateful assholes out there. See you soon, bro!

San Jose, CA
Just when do real "friends" charge $39 for tour info? Is this Exzer even licensed by the Vietnamese authorities to run a small "tour" business?

I have a previous WhatsApp Group chat log i can screenshot for everyone to see. There have been a handful of guys on SMF that completely left this board and that WhatsApp group chat after they were scammed by some dregs on here. Fact is, Exzer owes several former SMF members his portion of a couple nights out at the KTV in which he left early and skipped out on paying his portion.

As for kickbacks, we will never know...

Last edited:
Hello bros,

Sounds like a scam to me. Two follow up reviews all within a few hours. Pretty quick turnaround on your end. And, as someone who has to do a great deal of reading and analyzing, your two reviews read very similarly. Do your scamming elsewhere.

Just when do real "friends" charge $39 for tour info? Is this Exzer even licensed by the Vietnamese authorities to run a small "tour" business?

I have a previous WhatsApp Group chat log i can screenshot for everyone to see. There have been a handful of guys on SMF that completely left this board and that WhatsApp group chat after they were scammed by some dregs on here. Fact is, Exzer owes several former SMF members his portion of a couple nights out at the KTV in which he left early and skipped out on paying his portion.

Are you dumb? Duc, dont mix things in your way. Exzer give infos for free during meeting. He shares his best plans where he usually go.
His moto food tour is obviously an other service. Now you expect to get a tourism service 4h and 4 restaurants with food for free?? Are you serious?
Go die with STI and cancer in your shithole room Duc! You dont deserve people who share infos to help everybody here.

Well, well, the smallducnguyen still spreading fake informations and quick to judge me and other people, call an other bro of racist without hesitation etc …

Dude, you are 40+ ... it time to grow a brain or go back to school, you have a lot of time since you spend so much time on this forum lol

After all your bad post, ofc I ask some bros to check your shit and they just post their impression. What wrong with that? You are jealous of a nice friendship?

They are not the last, I met many good people. If they are willing to share their impression. They are welcome in this post.

Now everybody are smart and independent enough to do what best for them. If they want meet a expat who live in HCMC and ready to share his best place after a small meeting for almost nothing. They are welcome to pm me.

I will help them gladly.

If they want to believe a guy who talk a lot of shit and keep his best plans (parachutist group) for him and who dont even live in vietnam now. They can pm you.

For all the bros who already pm me or will pm me, see you soon guys.

Let focus to have a good time and enjoy Vietnam in all his flavor and forget the bald sore loser in life like the smallducnguyen.

I will write my experience with Exzer. I don't believe in hating on others, it just shows our own reflection of our state.

First, there is no shame in asking money for a service. I would happily pay 39$ for a guided food tour.

Before, I just read on forums and explored things on my own. My broken Vietnamese got me to some good & bad places both.

He showed us the KTV Queen and most of us had good time. I have been to other KTVs and there are some better ones, but he already explained the prices from the beginning and also told us that he won't stay. So, he doesn't owe us anything and it was quite clear (I think other SMF members had different expectations - so they should have clarified from the beginning - communication is key bros).

I asked Exzer to help me understand the Vietnamese lingo so , I can text and flirt with local girls. He explained everything well and I am very happy with his service. I obviously paid him for Vietnamese lessons, they were totally worth it. I can flirt and communicate better with the girls.

He showed me "cafe om" for free. Which I could never have gone alone.

I will recommend him even more as he has made his prices very clear from the beginning. He always over delivers on his promise. He helped me with all sorts of communication. He helps me even when I am not paying him now.

Life experiences are always subjective. But, what I have learned is If I am positive going into something I attract positive experiences.

Last edited:
If you enjoyed his $39 paid service, good for you. You're a testimonial in what i believe was a "make-up" session. Ya know, to promote what had become a soured SMF-based business venture upon initial foray.

You see, according to a WhatsApp group chat, nearly all the initial Queen KTV participants left the group chat on their own volition, feeling cheated that he and another SMFer left without paying their share. The remaining guys were left to foot the loftier bill for everyone. These are the facts.

The point is moot for me at this point. I have met and assembled a group of real SMFers, with no ulterior motives or hidden agendas except that the understanding is that we all pay our own way/share, and there are a couple of us that speak Vietnamese fluently and know the country so there is no need for these paid services of any kind when going out and having fun. Everyone is equal, pays equally, no matter whether they speak the language or not. I don't view going out with newly found friends or professionals as a business endeavour where i have to pay them or they have to pay me, anything. Real men pay their own way, and maybe the only other way they should pay is for their lady.

But that's just me. And also a little about me is that i prefer and require 100% transparency and full disclosure. I reciprocate in return because that is the only way i know how. None of this high school trickery nonsense, especially coming from a grown adult.

To each their own. None for me with regards to scammy "KTV tourism guiding" from someone who isn't even a citizen of Vietnam with real credentials.

As for you Exzer, i will be coming to HCMC Saigon soon, and i would like to meet you in person anywhere of your choosing. Talk is cheap.

Last edited:
I will write my experience with Exzer. I don't believe in hating on others, it just shows our own reflection of our state.

First, there is no shame in asking money for a service. I would happily pay 39$ for a guided food tour.

Before, I just read on forums and explored things on my own. My broken Vietnamese got me to some good & bad places both.

He showed us the KTV Queen and most of us had good time. I have been to other KTVs and there are some better ones, but he already explained the prices from the beginning and also told us that he won't stay. So, he doesn't owe us anything and it was quite clear (I think other SMF members had different expectations - so they should have clarified from the beginning - communication is key bros).

I asked Exzer to help me understand the Vietnamese lingo so , I can text and flirt with local girls. He explained everything well and I am very happy with his service. I obviously paid him for Vietnamese lessons, they were totally worth it. I can flirt and communicate better with the girls.

He showed me "cafe om" for free. Which I could never have gone alone.

I will recommend him even more as he has made his prices very clear from the beginning. He always over delivers on his promise. He helped me with all sorts of communication. He helps me even when I am not paying him now.

Life experiences are always subjective. But, what I have learned is If I am positive going into something I attract positive experiences.
Hey YellowFever117,

The reason you need Exzer is because you are of Indian descent and they refused you into KTVs so of course you need a Viet-looking friend! It explains it now!

Looking for a good KTV in Ho Chi Minh?

Regards, and please don't inbox me anymore.

-Duc

Hey YellowFever117,

The reason you need Exzer is because you are of Indian descent and they refused you into KTVs so of course you need a Viet-looking friend! It explains it now!

Looking for a good KTV in Ho Chi Minh?

Regards, and please don't inbox me anymore.

-Duc
I was refused entry because those places are only for locals. It had nothing to do with my race.
Guess what - I now entered all of the places. Every single one of the KTVS I went to. Because I can speak some Vietnamese now.

Only thing I "need" Exzer for is to teach me all the Viet lingo and slang words. Which most Viet guys didn't want to help with, because they are simply over jealous and over protective of their women.

I have asked for help from Viet guys before and he is one of the few guys who actually helped.

Now, I know enough Vietnamese to flirt , negotiate, and seduce girls. I have had my fair share of paid and free adventures both.

I think you are very quick to bounce to judgments without even knowing or ever met me.
I am one of the few guys of Indian decent who would openly accept that Indians in general are cheap, smelly and hard to work with.
Because I lived most of my adult life in Australia. I have seen both sides. I make sure to tip and dress well , that makes me stand out.

I thought before that you were a cool dude, but your posts speak of the contrary. I am not interested in interacting with you either.

Peace

I was refused entry because those places are only for locals. It had nothing to do with my race.
Guess what - I now entered all of the places. Every single one of the KTVS I went to. Because I can speak some Vietnamese now.

Only thing I "need" Exzer for is to teach me all the Viet lingo and slang words. Which most Viet guys didn't want to help with, because they are simply over jealous and over protective of their women.

I have asked for help from Viet guys before and he is one of the few guys who actually helped.

Now, I know enough Vietnamese to flirt , negotiate, and seduce girls. I have had my fair share of paid and free adventures both.

I think you are very quick to bounce to judgments without even knowing or ever met me.
I am one of the few guys of Indian decent who would openly accept that Indians in general are cheap, smelly and hard to work with.
Because I lived most of my adult life in Australia. I have seen both sides. I make sure to tip and dress well , that makes me stand out.

I thought before that you were a cool dude, but your posts speak of the contrary. I am not interested in interacting with you either.

Peace
Thx you for your post Yellowfever that make things much clear for everybody.

And yes indeed, thesmallducnguyen is very quick to judge people, one is racist, an other one cannot go cause indians, all theses allegations are false cause he dont know you guys and never met you but dare to judge people.

If you enjoyed his $39 paid service, good for you. You're a testimonial in what i believe was a "make-up" session. Ya know, to promote what had become a soured SMF-based business venture upon initial foray.

You see, according to a WhatsApp group chat, nearly all the initial Queen KTV participants left the group chat on their own volition, feeling cheated that he and another SMFer left without paying their share. The remaining guys were left to foot the loftier bill for everyone. These are the facts.

The point is moot for me at this point. I have met and assembled a group of real SMFers, with no ulterior motives or hidden agendas except that the understanding is that we all pay our own way/share, and there are a couple of us that speak Vietnamese fluently and know the country so there is no need for these paid services of any kind when going out and having fun. Everyone is equal, pays equally, no matter whether they speak the language or not. I don't view going out with newly found friends or professionals as a business endeavour where i have to pay them or they have to pay me, anything. Real men pay their own way, and maybe the only other way they should pay is for their lady.

But that's just me. And also a little about me is that i prefer and require 100% transparency and full disclosure. I reciprocate in return because that is the only way i know how. None of this high school trickery nonsense, especially coming from a grown adult.

To each their own. None for me with regards to scammy "KTV tourism guiding" from someone who isn't even a citizen of Vietnam with real credentials.

As for you Exzer, i will be coming to HCMC Saigon soon, and i would like to meet you in person anywhere of your choosing. Talk is cheap.
There is no point to meet and talk to a person like you. I will just follow what my bros say, ignore that internet troll of 40+. bye smallducnguyen.

I am not a local. Heck, i look clearly like a 6 ft tall Viet Kieu from the States. I have never been denied or refused entry into places that are "only for locals". That was an excuse if i ever saw one.

Just like the hotties at some of these NPKs that simply won't service an Indian or black dude. This is why they hide upstairs or in the back.

Now you know. And now we know from your post(s), that you're willing to "buy your friends". Well, those really aren't real friends, dude...

And what a gross generalization that all Viet guys are jealous or over-protective of viet women. Have you even been to Qui or Blanchy's? Do you know a studly, fit, and good-smelling white dude from Nor Cali just hooked up with a cute Viet gal with my help? It's no wonder not only Viet chics don't dig you, but probably all women find you undateable. Re-quoting you, and your loser ways that women see through almost instantaneously:

"If anyone is in Saigon, they can join us. Beer, room, and food is on us. We are going out this week.

I want to know the real prices because I don't want to feel ripped off. I can speak basic Vietnamese, and this helped me enter a few of these places.

For anyone who can help, we will buy beers for you. First 2 rounds are on us."

In Conclusion: Beers are cheap, cheap, cheap in 'Nam. Now, if you treated to some bottles, i'd say you're da man! But...still doesn't mean you're gonna get the chics...

Last edited:
I am not a local. Heck, i look clearly like a 6 ft tall Viet Kieu from the States. I have never been denied or refused entry into places that are "only for locals". That was an excuse if i ever saw one.

Just like the hotties at some of these NPKs that simply won't service an Indian or black dude. This is why they hide upstairs or in the back.

Now you know. And now we know from your post(s), that you're willing to "buy your friends". Well, those really aren't real friends, dude...

And what a gross generalization that all Viet guys are jealous or over-protective of viet women. Have you even been to Qui or Blanchy's? Do you know a studly, fit, and good-smelling white dude from Nor Cali just hooked up with a cute Viet gal with my help? It's no wonder not only Viet chics don't dig you, but probably all women find you undateable. Re-quoting you, and your loser ways that women see through almost instantaneously:

"If anyone is in Saigon, they can join us. Beer, room, and food is on us. We are going out this week.

I want to know the real prices because I don't want to feel ripped off. I can speak basic Vietnamese, and this helped me enter a few of these places.

For anyone who can help, we will buy beers for you. First 2 rounds are on us."

In Conclusion: Beers are cheap, cheap, cheap in 'Nam. Now, if you treated to some bottles, i'd say you're da man! But...still doesn't mean you're gonna get the chics...
You can speak Vietnamese mate. That will get you entry into most places.
No matter how tall you are, if you have Vietnamese genes most people can guess that you know Vietnamese.
The only time I was denied entry was at The Boss Karaoke near D8 , they said "it's just a restaurant".
Next time, I went there I told them I know what it is and I have been to several. I spoke broken Vietnamese and I was invited in like a king.

You are the one jumping to the conclusions. Cause you have biases in your mind mate.
Can you read my post again , I said "most" . I never said all, you are the one who is putting words in my mouth.
There have been few Viet guys who have helped me. I am grateful for them.

Q. How do you know Viet chicks don't dig me ? It's just a generalization that you keep throwing at me.
I didn't want to say this, but I am quite good looking as per Vietnamese or Indian standards. 7/10 girls say "Dep Trai" or you are cute.
I never like to bring looks or race into the picture, cause its not fair to anyone. We are just born with it.

I get approached by women at work and also in other places. It has happened to me several times.
Even guys at my work try to set me up with dates saying " Q. Why is a rich and handsome man like you still single?"
If you ever met me even once or saw me with a Viet girl, you will never say such things. These are all blanket statements, and clearly you have prejudices against Indians.
It quite easy to get a gf here. I am not interested in marriage or Long Term relationship. I have plenty of opportunities.

Look at your own statements first. Calling others cheap and loser , without ever meeting them.

I don't drink hard liqour that's why I asked people for beer. I am inviting people, not showing off here.
I have made some good friends here without any money involved.

I get plenty of chicks. I don't need your help, I have good friends here who help me.
I avoiding arguments or hating on someone, cause it brings no results. It's a waste of time.
You seem to have plenty of time to reply to all the posts and search through old posts and twist words into meaning what you mean.
I am not going to waste any more time replying to you.

Last edited: