Grab in Vietnam

United States
I installed grab prior to my arrival and linked my social media account with US phone #.
Arrived at HCM and tried to set up grab, no luck. Got sim card and changed the number on grab but apparently grab doesn't allow foreign cards. Went back and got some VND.
Been exploring and constantly using large bills for everything due to laziness in counting and adding them up. Ended my day with a ton of small bills to the point where money clip isn't closing. (Magnets)
I don't like carrying that many small bills around.
Any ideas? Can I buy and use prepaid debit cards?

Kevin,

I just came back from Vietnam and had used Grab service for all my trips during my time there.

You can 100% use foreign credit card to pay for Grab, just dont choose the Momo option (for Vietnam issued cards only).

To get rid off those small bills, use them as tip for all your food/transportation service. A small tip can go a long way there ;)

United States
Kevin,

I just came back from Vietnam and had used Grab service for all my trips during my time there.

You can 100% use foreign credit card to pay for Grab, just dont choose the Momo option (for Vietnam issued cards only).

To get rid off those small bills, use them as tip for all your food/transportation service. A small tip can go a long way there ;)
It is not allowing me to use my US credit cards.
I tried adding them but it says not supported.
Did you install grab previously (Prior to moca)?
Apparently grab only allows cashless option through moca now.

United States
I've tried that, unfortunately it says
Sorry, we can't add your card
Review the details you entered and try again. You can also contact card issuing bank for details if you're sure the card details entered are correct.

Capital one quicksilver, capital one 360, and amazon prime card (chase) all give me this response.

United States
Update,
Not sure what I did but I kept messing around with my phone number and reinstalling the app, was finally able to get a card to work. (Amazon prime card (visa)).
I think VN is more friendly towards visa cards as my friend tried paying for his room with multiple Mastercards and they weren't working. His Amazon prime card worked.