Hostess Bars Information - Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Hi guys

Most of the VN content here seems to revolve around massages and BJ places. But I feel there's a lack of information on the hostess scene.
I'd like to share my experiences and it would be great to hear from you guys on yours.

Why hostess bars?
These places aren't for everyone. If sex is the end game and you need to get to that point quickly and efficiently, the massages and freelancers are the way to go, no argument there. However, there are some of us who aren't so keen on having sex with working girls (whether it's fear of STDs, not enough GFE, don't want to 'fully' cheat on their SO, etc) can still have some fun at hostess bars.

It does need to be said that these places are best for expats who live in VN, because it requires you to invest in a girl and become a regular. People who are on vacation don't really have that kind of time. That being said, when you do become a regular, the service is outstanding. While I've only has sex with one hostess outside of working hours, I've had plenty that have let me touch under the dress, grind me with my dick out (hidden from the other guests ahah!).

Hostess bars are also just fun to go to with other guys. You can't really go to a massage together with friends, it's a tad awkward.

Where do you go?
My main experiences are at Bui Vien and the Pasteur area. These two places are foreigner friendly, whether you are white or black or Asian.

Bui Vien bars are located towards the beginning half of the street and along the perpendicular street Đỗ Quang Đẩu. There seems to be new ones that have recently sprouted up further into BV street, but I haven't been to any of them.
1565266989151.png

Beers are around 35-45k, while lady drinks are around 100k.
From what I've experienced, most places (except Crazy Girls) the girls will try to get you to take them home for around 2+ million, with a barfine (I can't remember how much). If you don't, they will drink fast and ask for more drinks. Some will let you gets handsy, but it's a hit or miss there. There hasn't been any BV bar I've been to that really left a great impression on me.

Pasteur bars are different. There are quite a few and they spread out around 3 blocks.

1565267197284.png
Drinks here cost more: 45-50k for a beer, 140-150k for a lady drink.
But in my opinion, the girls are hotter and they will sit with you longer. You can usually play pool (free) or electronic darts (for 20k per person). Sometimes, they'll ask you to play pool and maybe offer to buy you a beer if you win, or you buy them a drink if you lose. Other games they'll try to beat you at are things like connect four and jenga.

If you start the night there, Kim's Tavern is a good place to go. The girls there are pretty good looking, friendly, and don't hound you for drinks if you don't want to. They're usually busy after 10PM, so if you don't get a chick, no one will bother you and you can sip beer and get some eye candy. They do themes and costumes every now and then and the majority of them or in nice tight clothes. But the girls there are on the tamer side in terms of letting you grope them.

Other bars have naughtier girls and after 2 drinks, girls will let your hands wander a bit. These bars, from my experience, are 92 Saloon, The Hangover, Chicas, and Rock n Roll Bar. At RnR, there's one really hot girl who doesn't mind touching, and she's been known to meet with customers outside of working hours.
Her name is Kim.
1565267502747.png

Legends used to be a good one, but got closed down and some girls moved to My Place but it's not a great.

Places I would avoid are Voodoo (tame and maybe the most expensive bar, though the girls are quite hot), Rapture (used to be good but now girls are boring) and Corner (girls are boring, many don't speak English, and some are snooty).

I've been to others, but only visited them once, so I can't say much about them. Sometimes you get a dead night even at a good place.
If anyone has more info on any hostess bars, please share!

Southeast Asia
@Cloudyday thank you very much for taking the time to inform others about hostess bars in Ho Chi Minh. I agree with you that this is good information to help educate others, and I appreciate you taking the time to go into greater detail. Most of the discussions here about Ho Chi Minh have been centered around blowjob bars or massages with happy endings, and not much has been talked about hostess bars. There's been some small discussions about Japanese hostess bars in Ho Chi Minh, and the hostess bars on Pasteur Street in District 1.

The debate about hostess bars versus clubs has been moved to a dedicated discussion thread.

Hi nice review bro and great info
Keep it up 👍

For this 4 hostess bar
92 Saloon, The Hangover, Chicas, and Rock n Roll Bar.

Which is best?
Might not have time to roam all the place as i only
have a week.

Sorry Guys, just to add more info for this bar. There is a group of 3 or 4 girls who are always together. If you are a regular and buy them drinks they will let you fondle and look after you and even kiss each other. I’m not that big into all of that though personally I just enjoy the friendliness of them and the fact they are not forceful and are all good looking.

Sorry Guys, just to add more info for this bar. There is a group of 3 or 4 girls who are always together. If you are a regular and buy them drinks they will let you fondle and look after you and even kiss each other. I’m not that big into all of that though personally I just enjoy the friendliness of them and the fact they are not forceful and are all good looking.
Thanks for the info. Always looking for bars where the girls let you fool around.

I have a regular at Bottoms Up who let's me fondle a bit under her panties. Quite a turn on in a busy bar.

Hi nice review bro and great info
Keep it up 👍

For this 4 hostess bar
92 Saloon, The Hangover, Chicas, and Rock n Roll Bar.

Which is best?
Might not have time to roam all the place as i only
have a week.
Rock n Roll bar has that hot girl in the picture. 92 Saloon girls can give you play, but they're a little bit fast on drinking.
I haven't been to the hangover in a while, but Chicas and Rock n Roll are usually busy on weekends, with a decent crowd inside. So if you'r elooking for an atmosphere, those two places are good, they also have darts and pool.

That being said, they are all close to each other. I would recommend going in one and seeing how it is. Just buy a beer for 45-50k and if you don't see anyone you like, finish the beer and hop to the next place.

San Jose, CA
Excellent write-up and informative post, Cloudyday.

$2 for a beer is still cheaper than in BKK ($4-$5) and in the States ($6-$8), and this is a hostess bar/quan nhau sans the food type of environment.

Chicas has bad reviews, and i couldn't find anything on Rock 'n' Roll bar. But 92 Saloon has hot girls according to their Facebook page, and Kim's Tavern having the next best-looking group of girls. What nights are the best to go, and what times are best?

Thanks in advance.

I visited a hostess bar 3 years ago name VIC bar, situated in D3, not sure if still open.
At that time they had a good line up, you can choose your girl to sit / drink / play pool with you.
Spent a great time with a nice looking gal in the bar for about 1 hour and half, she said can go to hotel with me for 2.5 millions until morning, was tired didn't took her back but tip her 500k for her time and she was happy with it.

Excellent write-up and informative post, Cloudyday.

$2 for a beer is still cheaper than in BKK ($4-$5) and in the States ($6-$8), and this is a hostess bar/quan nhau sans the food type of environment.

Chicas has bad reviews, and i couldn't find anything on Rock 'n' Roll bar. But 92 Saloon has hot girls according to their Facebook page, and Kim's Tavern having the next best-looking group of girls. What nights are the best to go, and what times are best?

Thanks in advance.
Always best on Fridays and Saturdays.

Voodoo is also good now that I've begun to revisit. There's a cute small girl there and another new one who doesn't have the best face, but a nice body and let me play under her dress.

In fact I have been Voodoo and Luna before. I think it is quite boring maybe since I went there on weekdays
I didn't go to voodoo for a long time because it was pretty tame there. Only recently came back and got this chick just by accident. I think her name is trang or tran. She's doesn't have nice teeth, but yeah only 2 drinks and i was able to slide under her dress as she sat next to me.

Normally you can kind of tell how much okay a girl will give. Put your arm around, on the ass, see if they move your hand or not.

I had my hand on her leg and we were all just talking with another girl and my friend. I just slowly moved it up while squuezing her thigh like I was massaging it. No negative reaction she just continued to talk and smile. And then I grazed her mound with my pinkie to test the waters further. No reaction and I knew she would be a good investment.

I've attached her picture from her zalo though it doesn't have her real name. But I remember it was tran or trang or tram lol...

PS the hostess scene is to have fun. My end game isn't too have sex. You can easily hit up other places or go online. But there's a different type of fun you can have with a chick in this kind of environment. Not for everyone though.

Pictures