Hostess Bars versus Clubs - Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

San Jose, CA
Personally, i've always felt that bia oms or hostess bars/room salons were for companionship. This is why it is often overpriced.

It is fun to go in a group every once in a while, for the experience, but picking up girls at clubs costs less.

Personally, i've always felt that bia oms or hostess bars/room salons were for companionship. This is why it is often overpriced.

It is fun to go in a group every once in a while, for the experience, but picking up girls at clubs costs less.
True, but I wouldn't say it's overpriced. Clubs can cost a bit of money (bottle service, shisha, etc). 2 hours at a hostess bar will probably cost you only 3 lady drinks and a few beers for yourself. Around a million. Clubs are also not for every guy. If you can pull it off, thats good. But not every guy wants to go through the motions of trying to pick up a random girl. It's just easy and all set up at a hostess bar. Become a regular and seeing them outside of working hours isn't difficult.

San Jose, CA
I hardly ever order bottle service at clubs, whether in the States or abroad. Only time is when there is a birthday treat to a friend (and everyone often chips in anyways), or if in Tijuana where the bottles are about what i would pay for in a Costco.

Usually all i need is a few beers at clubs and speaking the language, i get straight to the point before i'm done with the second beer. Pointless to get hammered drunk and pick up FS freelancers. Can't do the deed.

Although i do agree that getting their numbers for escapades outside their work is highly possible, been there done that, but it isn't cheap neither from personal experience.

It's great for companionship and maybe a chance at a hook-up.

Last edited:
I hardly ever order bottle service at clubs,.
Yeah I speak the language too but my experiences in clubs in Saigon have always been that girls are in groups. And if you're by yourself, it's a bit awkward. I mean it's fine if you have the confidence for it...I consider myself not ugly lol but I find it hella weird to just go up to random girls in a group and chat them up, especially in a loud club (music here is insanely loud).

That being said, this is all about what works for different people. If you have experience with good hostess places, or bad ones, can you write up some reviews? If you're into clubs, make a thread about it, I'd love to read up on it. But I think it's not constructive to go in and compare two different types of activities as if one is 'better', yknow?

San Jose, CA
Women are always in groups when they are Single. Once they land that guy/dick, they abandon all their girlfriends for the blanket of security.

As for walking up to a group, they find that manly. Rejection? It happens to all of us. At least i'm just out a beer and i know what the score is. :)

Bia oms and hostess bars are fun, especially the karaoke, but they can be pricey without the stated and pursued goal, and that is Pink.

But to each their own, and if going solo is an issue, then get a group going where everyone chips in for equal opportunity at pink.

The same equal opportunity that exists at bars and clubs....

Bia oms and hostess bars are fun, especially the karaoke, but they can be pricey without the stated and pursued goal, and that is Pink.
As I said, that isn't always the goal of every guy. Better to come in with constructive thoughts on what hostess bars are good or bad, not "I prefer this activity because it's better for my goals." Trying to build info on hostess bars in this thread, not derail it into why someone should go to a club lol.

San Jose, CA
As I said, that isn't always the goal of every guy. Better to come in with constructive thoughts on what hostess bars are good or bad, not "I prefer this activity because it's better for my goals." Trying to build info on hostess bars in this thread, not derail it into why someone should go to a club lol.
As i stated, bia oms / hostess bars / room salons are great for cocktease and companionship and to karaoke the night away while feeling some chics up. There is flavor in this activity, no doubt about it.

Just not enough value in terms of accomplishing pink pleasure, which is often the goal. I hate the feeling of blue balls. lol

Those rich Japanese, Chinese, South Koreans have money coming out of their ears.

I'm just a poor, normal guy!

Bring a lot of money if you are going to Little Japan Saigon, but I think the money is well spent here. It feels very safe and the Vietnamese massage girls are pretty and friendly.

Lush and Apocalypse now are popular clubs with heaps of bar girls and freelancers. Budget depends on if you want to drink beer or spirits. Also if you want to splurge on full table service.
Just a heads up, guys. I used to Lush as one of my pickup bars, but like many Viet bars/clubs in California, some get greedy and obnoxious. There are a handful of other places i have found are better now. IF you must go to Lush, then just go there to pick up the FL's and that's it.

Envy is the better spot these days per my relatives in "Nam, and i will be spending my cash at Qui, Air360, and a couple other places. I would rather pay higher prices, than be ripped off or possibly confront and then be disappointed and have my evenings/nights ruined.