How much money do massage girls make in Ho Chi Minh?

Southeast Asia
massage-work-ho-chi-minh-vietnam.jpg

The picture above is an advertisement to recruit girls for working at massage spas in Ho Chi Minh. Using Google Translate, this job opportunity is for "recruiting female technicians for massages" and they can expect to "collect 30 to 60 million a month" for income.

On the local Vietnamese sites, here are the job descriptions for 3 different massage spas recruiting new massage girls:

KTV Job Requirements
Your age is 19 to 25 years old, feel confident about your appearance, want a good job with stable high income (over 30,000,000 VND a month), want to work in a professional environment with the best support, and enjoy giving massages.​

Here are some available positions for massage girls and male attendants working at massage spas in Ho Chi Minh:

KTV Body Massage
  • No experience required. You will be trained professionally with advanced skills.
  • Professional working environment and friendly. You will always receive the best support.
  • High Income. Over 30,000,000 VND a month, depending on capacity.
  • Good appearance. Age is 19 to 27 years old.
A higher priority will be given to girls skilled in Thai massages, however no experience is necessary, and you will be trained. There are unlimited positions open for someone who is hard working, enthusiastic, and a desire to learn.​
KTV Security
  • Secure and protect cars and property.
  • Assist guests going to their room.
  • No experience necessary. You will be trained.
  • Professional working environment and friendly. You will always receive the best support.
  • High Income.

And here are some available positions for massage girls and male attendants working at massage spas in Binh Tan District, Ho Chi Minh:

KTV Body Massage / Foot Massage
You have good looks, but have not found a suitable job. You need a stable job with high income. You want a dynamic work environment, professional, and courteous.​
  • Age 18 to 27 years old and looks easy on the eyes.
  • Honest, hard working, has a sense of responsibility for their work.
  • No experience required. You will be trained with massage and spa skills.
  • Stable high income if capable and hard working.
There are unlimited positions available. A higher priority is given to experienced females with massage skills. Records required are job application, personal background check, health certification, household registration and identification.​
KTV Security
  • Experience securing and protecting property.
  • Hard working, enthusiastic, with a desire to learn.

:cool:

I briefly dated a karaoke girl from Sunflower KTV and she would come over after work with her earnings and count it out at my place. She was one of the hotter ones there, but every night, she would have between 3 million (bad night) and 5 million (good night). Using the median 4 million and assuming 6 days a week working (her schedule) equals 96 million per month. I believe we talked about it once, and she confirmed it was around that much, which is why she refused to really ever leave for a real job or for any man.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Very very interesting.

60,000,000 VND is about $31,000 USD / year tax free, which is 3x the amount an average engineer makes in Vietnam and a bit more than 2x the salary of a doctor in Vietnam.

I can certainly see why girls do it. It's very good money in Vietnam. Hopefully, they can be wise and have an exit plan when youth and good looks starts to fade, and control their current spending when all this cash rolls in because it's awfully easy to spend the entirety of $31,000 during an entire year.

KTV's probably pay higher than your typical massage place. I am decent friends with a girl who works at one of those Bui Vien massage places. She does everything from pedicures, foot massages, and up to the occasional blowjob. No full service. She says she makes more or less 15 million a month working 6 days a week. She's not the type to aggressively seek customers though, so I'm unsure where that falls on the overall scale.

Southeast Asia
Hopefully, they can be wise and have an exit plan when youth and good looks starts to fade, and control their current spending when all this cash rolls in because it's awfully easy to spend the entirety of $31,000 during an entire year.
The only stories I've heard about girls working at these places and saving their money for a better future has been in Thailand. Interestingly, in every instance, they've stayed in the same industry and setup their own business. That's how several blowjob bars in Bangkok started because the owner/manager previously worked for another blowjob bar, and saved up their money over the 10+ years. And unless you have a special relationship (previous customer over the years) with the manager, they stop servicing customers and only focus on managing and training the girls for their own blowjob bar business.

Southeast Asia
This is not for a massage girl, but is another interesting point of reference for these working girls. This employment listing is advertising for open positions at a Japanese hostess bar in Little Japan within District 1:

Recruiting Females
  • Full time - 7:00pm to 1:30am (4 days off every month)
  • Part Time - 7:00pm to 12:00am or 8:00pm to 1:00am
  • Suitable for someone needing a language training environment (Japanese, Korean, Chinese, English)
  • Salary - 15,000,000 VND on average, and depending on capacity, can be more than 20,000,000 VND
  • Keep 100% of all tips
And for the first 10 days of employment, they have a trial salary setup to get the girls comfortable with their bonuses and commissions. It also sounds like they teach you Japanese and English for free, but I'm assuming this comes from the next line that says 100% contact with foreigners. It also says the Korean and Chinese customers prefer communicating in English.

Pictures