Japanese Hostess Bars - Little Japan, Ho Chi Minh

South East Asia
Have any of you guys been to the Japanese hostess bars on Le Thanh Ton street in District 1 Ho Chi Minh?

I know these bars cater mostly to Japanese tourists, but I heard the girls will accompany and sit with you for drinks and games.

Any idea how it works there?

Is there such a thing as bar fines, similar to Thailand?

Southeast Asia
It's not the same as bar fining a girl in Thailand.

Yes, there are several Japanese hostess bars throughout Little Japan Saigon, and here's how they work. The girls will flirt, talk with you, play games with you, ask you to buy them drinks, and do anything they can for you to continue spending time in their bar and paying money for drinks and food. This is the overall premise for how these hostess bars.

Not all girls working at these hostess bars will come back to your room. Many girls at these hostess bars are working the online channels using Line or WeChat to talk with new customers and encourage them to visit their bar because they are bored. And when you ask about taking a girl home for you, or anything involving sex, they want you to spend time at the bar and maybe you will find someone you like.

And then when you get to the bar, you will find out not all the girls go home with customers. Again, there goal is to get you to spend money. And if at the end of the night, they feel you've spent enough money, and assuming they like you, you may be able to pay the girl money to come back with you for the night.

Their sole focus is getting customers, especially the rich Japanese and Korean businessmen who frequently visit Saigon, to spend time at their bar for a fun evening with some pretty girls. Spend enough money and you'll probably get some sexual action for the night, but it's going to be an expensive night.

Southeast Asia
I don't know how much money is needed to take a girl home with you, and I don't want to give you wrong information.

But what I can do is use this Japanese hostess bar in Little Japan as an example:

miuchi-bar-little-japan.jpg miuchi-bar-little-japan-ho-chi-minh.jpg

This is Miuchi Bar, located at 15B/54 Le Thanh Ton in Little Japan, District 1, and the same hostess bar mentioned in this employment listing.

A few of their girls are sitting on Line app all day, sending friend requests to anyone who will accept. At different times on different days, I've had different girls send me friend requests, trying to solicit me to their bar. And it's the same story every time I ask: There are many cute girls who would love to spend time with me. Drinks costs around $5 for water, coke, or beer. And when I ask about "extra services" they understand and say you can choose a cute girl to sit with you and "you can earn a girlfriend" which I understand to mean spend money on drinks for her and you until you can negotiate some kind of price to take the girl home with you. And based on that employment listing, the girls finish their shift around 1:30am, so it's buying them drinks until the very end of the night o_O

I do not know how much they expect you to spend before a girl will go home with you, and that's assuming the girl is willing. I have my doubts, but I could be wrong, and maybe others can chime in on their experiences.

Here are some photos of the different girls working at this Japanese hostess bar, to give you an idea. Hope that helps.

Pictures

I lived there for a month and it's hit and miss. It's best to be up front with the boss lady and ask her. Most will say "no girls will go home with you" and some will say talk with the girls and see.

I went to Tanabata in Ho Chi Minh and met a girl there for a date and then banged her, and she didn't ask for any money. I just bought her lunch. She wanted to get into a relationship with me. That became awkward fast, because she could see me every day when I went home!

Some of the bars have karaoke rooms upstairs, and there's some action that can happen, but you need to convince the girl. Most will decline the first time you go, and you might get lucky on your second or third time.

Hostess bars are "hug bars" or "chat bars" and I don't understand fully why most men would want to go there. Maybe they like getting female attention. However, I can easily get dates here and find someone to talk to. Maybe when I am super busy, the hostess bars will seem a good option.

I went once with a Japanese guy. He told me you can take some girls home after 1:00am for 4-5M. I felt that price was ridiculous, especially after spending 2M on drinks already. I guess the rich Japanese guys don't care. I think KTV's have hotter girls, although a bit expensive.

If anyone has any more idea about these bars, let me know.

Cheers.

If you want a hostess experience, Pasteur bars are much better. Girls come and sit with you. They don't stand behind the counter like most of the Japanese bars. Spend enough money and you can probably get a girl to go with you. But it's a cheaper experience than the Japanese places. At Pasteur area, beers are 50k and lady drinks are 130-150.

Ho Chi Minh
If you want a hostess experience, Pasteur bars are much better. Girls come and sit with you. They don't stand behind the counter like most of the Japanese bars. Spend enough money and you can probably get a girl to go with you. But it's a cheaper experience than the Japanese places. At Pasteur area, beers are 50k and lady drinks are 130-150.
can you name a bar and address, i just left hcm, i am in nha trang now but i will get back to hcm to try this

can you name a bar and address, i just left hcm, i am in nha trang now but i will get back to hcm to try this
Ones I like are: Kim's Tavern, Rock n Roll Bar, Chicas, and Bottoms up but your mileage may vary. They're all fairly close together in the area, just look one up on Google maps.

South East Asia
Do you mean the bars along Pasteur street?