Thermae Cafe in Bangkok, Thailand

All i know is during the Asian currency crisis and in 1998-2000 (during my 1st time traveling extensively all over Thailand), my 2 friends and i had ST for $20 and LT for $40. We had the pick of all the girls at some of these soapies and gogo bars, because there was hardly anyone there.

I remember we were dining at a 5-star restaurant in Chiang Mai, and we were the only ones there. The food was amazing, and adjacent to that restaurant was a complex that had over 300 rooms inside a 5 story tower. We were the only ones there and after our multi-hour sessions, we were given fruits and they didn't want us to leave so we karaoke'd with them for free. Needless to say, i tipped them well for all of us out of gratitude.

If Thailand's ruling junta isn't careful, and the U.S. China tariff war continues, and/or Chinese tourism slows down in Thailand, or foreign investment wanes, which it will anyway, then we might see a redux.

Thailand is an export-dependent country. And Siam is also a tourism-based economy.

As always, Time will tell.
Update:

Thailand says economy slowing but no recession, stimulus to lift growth

What will this do to these elevated and lofty asking prices?

Unfortunately, Thai hookers don't have the best grasp of macroeconomics. And human nature being what it is, people tend to loathe having things taken away from them when it becomes normal. These girls are used to getting 3000 baht for short term and 5,6,7000 for LT and are going to justify holding to that pricing until it becomes non-viable.

Unless there's some huge kind of event like the Baht breaking the dollar peg in 1997 you aren't going to see immediate widespread financial panic. Without something like that, I'm guessing prices will slowly deteriorate rather than crash down. Maybe even hold steady for the near term.

Unfortunately, Thai hookers don't have the best grasp of macroeconomics. And human nature being what it is, people tend to loathe having things taken away from them when it becomes normal. These girls are used to getting 3000 baht for short term and 5,6,7000 for LT and are going to justify holding to that pricing until it becomes non-viable.

Unless there's some huge kind of event like the Baht breaking the dollar peg in 1997 you aren't going to see immediate widespread financial panic. Without something like that, I'm guessing prices will slowly deteriorate rather than crash down. Maybe even hold steady for the near term.
There were a decent amount of guys at the Thermae on my flight back home last week. I had planned 2 nights in BKK on my way to SGN, and 2 nights on my way back to SFO through BKK.

The return leg i met up with Thangmo again, and also had another 2nd night at Thermae. There were a decent amount of Asian guys, but there were a lot of girls standing and only about 25% left with a client in the 2 hours and 4 beers time i was there. I didn't see anyone worth doing, and nearly all asked for 2500 or 3000 baht. Again, none worth doing so i didn't partake 2nd night. (I am very picky with who i get naked with.)

Lots of these freelancers were standing there at Thermae the whole night not budging on prices and they got goose egged. When i strolled twice through Soi Cowboy, there weren't very many customers. More girls than customers. The migration had already started.

Last edited:
Late August and September is low season in BKK tourism. I'm not disputing that people are shying away from paying high prices, but I think you're not factoring in seasonality too. If you went in January, you'd see a lot more people.

Come to penang (Malaysia). Thai girl 1 shot RM150.

Wechat ID Soyeon198755

I'm suspecting some pimp bring in those girl. The girls keep on changing, monthly.

I think their price is same. Just that the exchange rate suck.

So basically, the Thai chics are willing to do it for less outside of their country and for more inside of Thailand where they don't have to travel, etc. Makes no logical sense other than greed. It is illogical and a disconnect with reality.

Reality is it is slower in BKK.

Heard from Thai-American friend in BKK that there are now several groups of Vietnamese freelancers on Soi Nana near the big plaza. Even though they still charge less than Thais I'm sure it's more than what they'd make back home. That might be an interesting change of pace next time I'm in town.

With the way BKK is currently with the lofty prices it makes sense for neighboring countries service providers to move to "greener pastures".

Rates in BKK are asking $100 USD (ST) and i don't think Thais are that hot on average. Viet girls are hotter in my opinion because they have some style in their dress, diet is much healthier due to viet foods, and less "pro" than the Thais. Plus, for the Viet girls in "open market" Thailand, they can ply their trade with less scrutiny than if they were in Vietnam.

Then you have the Thai ladyboys and it just skews the whole pool of selection.

Last edited:
So basically, the Thai chics are willing to do it for less outside of their country and for more inside of Thailand where they don't have to travel, etc. Makes no logical sense other than greed. It is illogical and a disconnect with reality.

Reality is it is slower in BKK.
I think Malaysia market is priced lower, even Viet babes working there quoted less (about 30- 35 USD ST) than what they usually ask in Vietnam,(1 million VND for ST) or in Shanghai (1500 RMB for ST).

Im planing my first trip to bkk in early January, can you guys give me a clue if we can pick girls at thermae cafe and bring it to our hotel out side the Ruamchitt Plaza Hotel for FT? Or they only service in that hotel. Im worrying to stay there because they don't have safety deposit box and also bad review from previous post.

Any information really appreciate, thanks in advance

Hey guys, I’m in BKK next week and my hotel is really close to Thermae! Does anyone have any tips?

• is it open before 8 (by Open I mean are the girls there?)

• Can you take them to your own hotel?

• How does it work in there? Is there a bar fine setup or can you chill, have a beer then you just get approached?

Any tips are appreciated, I’m nervous going in solo. I’ve never been somewhere like this venue on my own before

Come to penang (Malaysia). Thai girl 1 shot RM150.

Wechat ID Soyeon198755

I'm suspecting some pimp bring in those girl. The girls keep on changing, monthly.

I think their price is same. Just that the exchange rate suck.

I’m also going to Penang, but my parents are staying in the same hotel, doh! Can you recommend any sneaky incall options or some discrete outcall options?

There is no barfine there, when you enter you'll be directed to the bar to buy a drink. The drinks weren't very expensive.

The girls working there are freelancers, they mostly make their own rules about where they'll go and what they'll do. For the most part I would have thought they'll be fine going to any hotel that's not too far though.

The girls don't approach you in thermae, they will be lined up along the outer wall and the inner bar making a loop that you'll walk around. Some will smile and wave but generally there is no hard sell, it's what I liked about the place.

It's mostly Japanese/Korean men that go there but I didn't have any problem as a westerner.

Oh and remember there are no ladyboys inside the bar but there will be some just outside the entrance, but like the girls inside they don't try to give you the hard sell so nothing to worry about if they're not your thing.

Im planing my first trip to bkk in early January, can you guys give me a clue if we can pick girls at thermae cafe and bring it to our hotel out side the Ruamchitt Plaza Hotel for FT? Or they only service in that hotel. Im worrying to stay there because they don't have safety deposit box and also bad review from previous post.

Any information really appreciate, thanks in advance
You don't have to use Ruamchitt Hotel, you can take your girl to your own hotel.
But some girls would refuse to go with you if your hotel is too far (for the one that want doing several ST per night)

I will travel to bangkok every year at least twice
Same for this year.
I already stop taking girl from thermae bar or from any gogo bar
As now ST time 3k and long time 7k
This the rate for now
And with Thai baht going strong
Is very expensive to find girl over there.
If want find a cheap thai girl i will rather go Malaysia Kl or penang with rate much lower.
I going to thailand main reason now only blowjob bar,gogo bar but only watch the girl dance and food there was nice 👍

Where do you shop in KL / Penang? I’m going to both in a few days after Bangkok.

Any recommendations?

I don’t mind paying more for quality, in after Young, slim girls that know how to give you a good time rather than just lie there and take it etc

Also don’t mind if it’s outcall or incall. WeChat has blocked me for some reason, which is annoying or I’d use the proximity thing