Travel Advice to Vietnam

Hello SingleManForum. This might be a redundant post, but please forgive me, I just joined SMF. Me and a Friend are planning to travel to Vietnam, for a very short trip (4 days, 3 Nights) this December. We were not able to decide whether to explore the North or the South. From what I have read in this forum, and from what I understood, Neko Massage in Hanoi is a must visit, and we are really inclined to visit Hanoi. We are not into Full Service which is another reason behind our inclination towards Hanoi. Is this a good choice, also keeping in mind that we would like to visit a couple of good places, not too many?

PS: Not a typical SMF question but, is it worth doing a Day-time (1 day) cruise in Ha Long Bay, or do you guys recommend us not to do that?
@Logan, you are doing a great job on this forum. Very informative stuff and the main reason for us to choose Vietnam this winter.

Thank you!

Ha Long bay is a must if you're visiting Vietnam for a tourist holiday. I would recommend you try Indochina Junk as they have the exclusive rights to Bai Tu Long bay which is the less tourist section of the bay. If you're only do one night then I would visit Ha Long Bay and any junk companies are fine but if you want to stay on the bay for longer and dont like crowds I would suggest you go with Indochina Junk.

San Jose, CA
Thanks for the tips on Vinh Halong, Quinn. Bookmarked.

Saigon 2 nights, then Haiphong/Vinh Halong for 4 nights, then Sapa 2 nights, and back to Danang for 6 nights and Ba Na Hills for 1 night will be my next trip. The most romantic places in Vietnam have either gotta be in Danang or Vinh Halong. We will learn and confirm soon.

Last edited:
There are some nice destinations around Hanoi you could check out:
- Hanoi old quarter, very traditional, lot of history, museums, great street foods and Neko Massage ;)
- Ha Long Bay is a must, UNESCO recognized, I always spend 2days/1night on a boat whenever i am go there. You can see beautiful islands, watch sunrise - sunset on the boat and drink cocktails, eat some delicious seafoods while you their. 1 day tip is possible, but you would be missing a lot of things.
- Day trip to Tam Coc - Ninh Binh

@DucNguyen while you are in Danang, you should check out Hue - Hoi An, old capital of Vietnam, beautiful at night with lantern festivals, great food too.

I also heard people say great things: Sunrise in Dalat and sunset in Phu Quoc

No matter what you choose, enjoy your stay in Vietnam.
And have a safe trip.

San Jose, CA
There are some nice destinations around Hanoi you could check out:

@DucNguyen while you are in Danang, you should check out Hue - Hoi An, old capital of Vietnam, beautiful at night with lantern festivals, great food too.

And have a safe trip.
Been there (Danang + Hoi An), done that twice now. Vinh Ha Long and Indochina Junk (thanks Quinn) is next on my target/bucket list. I do have to fund some Northern startups, so this may be a good Christmas excuse....

Hue was where my mother was born and where "Bac Ho" Chi Minh went to school, so of course i stayed there on a previous trip where i motorbiked from Hoi An to Hue and back through the Ho Chi Minh trail. :)

Last edited: